Managers and team leaders provide an important line of sight to enable employees to see the big picture. They are the linchpin keeping communication channels clear, thereby avoiding misunderstandings, misrepresentations and a climate of mistrust. A managers’ ability to listen, communicate clearly, and lead had the strongest effect on employees’ organisational commitment. An effective team manager needs to know how to customise company information to show employees how their work connects to the organisation’s mission and what’s in it for them.
If you want people to take action on something, then you need to move them through a process to take action. That’s why we have developed the AURA Communication model to help leaders easily remember what steps to take.
Attention – Get busy employees to notice your message over the tonne of noise in the workplace.
Learn how to:
- Create meaningful messages that hit the mark and get your audience’s attention.
- Overcome “we’ve heard this all before” bias using 3 emotional triggers
- Learn 5 simple strategies to get people’s full attention and keep it.
- Understand how to correctly incorporate visuals.
Understand – Now that we’ve got people’s attention, it’s time to ensure they understand the new goals and priorities correctly, so there is no misinterpretation.
Learn how to:
- Use a three step formula that encourages the brain to take action on your message.
- Learn how to write concise information, so that people don’t switch off.
- 3 strategies to help people understand complex information.
- Inspire your workplace by using powerful words and avoid resistance with destructive words.
Remember – Now, that we’ve got people’s attention and they can understand what they need to do, it’s time to make your messages stick in their mind. This is how you get the CEO’s top priorities top of mind.
In this step, you’ll:
- Design all of your communication so that it always works towards helping people recall the information.
- Choose the right words to make your message memorable.
Action – This is how you achieve workplace transformation by easily and efficiently creating messages. Learn how to embed action into your communication, so that your information always encourages behaviour change.
Here you’ll learn how to:
- Revamp your safety safety communication by learning and mastering techniques to improve writing your communication.
- Create safety content that speaks to your employees and reduces staff frustration and fear of uncertainty.
Trustologie Has the Expertise and the Tools
Marie-Claire Ross of Trustologie has been helping business leaders improve their ability to influence through communication since 1995. Marie-Claire has helped business leaders build trust throughout their organisation through consulting, workshops, induction training programs, as well as through her book (Transform your Safety Communication) and DVD training programs.
If you’d like to know how to change behaviour through communication, call Marie-Claire on 03 9696 4400 or email the office on email@example.com.